Wednesday, April 26, 2017

Waiting on Wednesday: Words on Bathroom Walls

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme that focuses on the yet-to-be released books we're waiting for. It's hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine.

Today I'm highlighting a wonderful novel about mental health awareness!

Title: Words on Bathroom Walls
Author: Julia Walton
Genre: YA Contemporary
Publication Date: July 4, 2017
Add to Goodreads

Goodreads summary:


Adam has just been diagnosed with schizophrenia. He sees and hears people who aren’t there: Rebecca, a beautiful girl who understands him; the Mob Boss, who harasses him; and Jason, the naked guy who’s unfailingly polite. It should be easy to separate the real from the not real, but Adam can't.

Still, there’s hope. As Adam starts fresh at a new school, he begins a drug trial that helps him ignore his visions. Suddenly everything seems possible, even love. When he meets Maya, a fiercely intelligent girl, he desperately wants to be the great guy that she thinks he is. But then the miracle drug begins to fail, and Adam will do anything to keep Maya from discovering his secret.

Why I'm Waiting:


I first heard about this novel last year, and I have been counting down the days until it rests in my hands! Novels that showcase mental health awareness are always a hit or miss with me because I dislike how the characters are portrayed. However, this one sounds promising and the story line hooked me from the start. I hope it lives up to its expectations. *fingers crossed*

What books are you waiting on?


Other posts you may like:

No comments:

Post a Comment