Friday, June 3, 2016

#WritersLife: Meeting Author Jenny Martin

#WritersLife - Amber the Blonde Writer

#WritersLife, where I talk writing in real life.

Last month I met the wonderful Jenny Martin in Irving, Texas and it was one of the most magical moments in my life!

Amber the Blonde Writer: #WritersLife: Meeting Author Jenny Martin at Irving Public Library
Irving Library's awesome technical display for Jenny Martin.

The Irving Public Library is an amazing place and its staff is some of the sweetest people I've ever met. If you're in the DFW area of Texas, I highly recommend following them to know what their author series are because they have a ton!

They started off this event very similar to the Marissa Meyer event I attended in February. Super yummy cupcakes, Marked nail art, book cover rings (my favorite!), and book pins were available before Jenny Martin started speaking. I bought both of my copies of Tracked and Marked at the event and those covers are gorgeous!

We listened to Jenny and her partner-in-crime, Julie Murphy, discuss the questions we had over the ending of Tracked and what the next book meant for Jenny. She said that the sequel focuses on staying strong after adversity. It's a message that I desperately need to hear right now, and for that reason I am terrified of starting this novel.

Amber the Blonde Writer: #WritersLife: Meeting Jenny Martin and hearing her speak about Marked
Jenny Martin signing a fan's copy of Marked.
Jenny did not divulge which of the men will be around in the end, but I know in my heart Cash is the
only logical option here.

I waited in line to speak with her after the Q&A, and I suffered some serious speechlessness when I reached the table.

I walked up with my books, and I'm not sure I even formed the word 'hi' before Jenny said that she knew me. I said, "Yeah, we talk on Twitter." She responded with she remembered me from Twitter, but hadn't we met in person yet? When I said no, she said that she was so excited to meet me and that she wanted to give me a hug.

Jenny Martin. Wanted to give me. A hug.

I still haven't accepted that as a reality and continue to believe this was a huge elaborate daydream.

Jenny signed my books and we talked about Tracked and Marked and other car books and she said she loved my review of Tracked and I think I blacked out but can't remember. I do know I called my mom immediately after to cry and tell her how amazing this experience was.

I am so glad I was able to meet Jenny. I've haven't been working on the rewrite, but I'm hoping this night will encourage and push me to get back into it because writing has always been my passion, and I cannot let other people discourage me from doing something I've loved for so long.

If you ever get the chance to meet Jenny Martin, jump on that train! You need this series in your life!

Jenny Martin:
Website
Twitter
Facebook
Instagram

Have you read Tracked? What's your favorite racing novel?



Other posts you may like:

No comments:

Post a Comment