Tuesday, March 24, 2015

#WritersLife: Graduate School and New Projects


#WritersLife - Amber the Blonde Writer

#WritersLife 


It's been exactly a month since my last blog post, but I had good reasons (and partial exhaustion)! I need to get back into the swing of things in terms of book reviews, but with my new internship at a literary agency it's difficult to balance as many novels as I was reading before with an additional two manuscripts a week and my current writing projects. Not only that, but I was accepted into graduate school! :D

MFA Program at Hamline University



I applied to Hamline University last fall and found out I was accepted early in March. I am ECSTATIC. I won't be starting until Spring 2016 for personal reasons but I can't wait to see this beautiful campus and meet my fellow writers! I'll be enrolling in their Master of Fine Arts in Writing for Children and Young Adults program with an emphasis on the YA genre. It has always been my dream to get my MFA, and by December 2017 I'll have it!!

New Projects: YA Dystopian Novel


I am still revising my Contemporary YA novel I finished for NaNoWriMo 2014, but I recently started a new story. This one will be the dystopian I have always dreamed of writing, but it won't be the stereotypical YA style. Rather than bows, arrows, factions, and mazes, it will draw inspiration from We, 1984, and The Man in the High Castle. This story will be more realistic than the YA dystopians that are blowing up our libraries, and I can't wait to see where it leads and when I can start telling you more about my journey with it.

I'm currently reading BRZK by Michael Grant and it is BRILLIANT. I plan on writing a review for it as soon as I'm finished as well as filling you guys in on more fun stuff and writing news. #WritersLife will definitely be having more updates! Follow me on Twitter for more play-by-plays!


No comments:

Post a Comment