Thursday, January 15, 2015

End of Revision Round 1 for NaNo 2014 Novel

Sure, I wrote the novel, but do you know how tough rewrites are?

FINALLY. The edits and rewrites for the first revision of my NaNoWriMo 2014 novel (titled A Second Chance as of this moment) have come to an end. Two of my three beta readers for this period have confirmed they have the manuscript in their hands and I'm waiting (impatiently) for the third to get back to me.

I have decided to not touch the novel until I get feedback from my readers, which means I can focus on my dream dystopian novel! I wanted to write it for NaNo, but I realized this kind of story needed to be written over a longer period of time. Dystopia worlds are not something that should be breezed through.

I'll probably update again next month when some of the beta readers have returned the novel, and one said he would send it back in chunks which means more potential blog updates! As of right now, the genre for the novel is Contemporary YA. There aren't a whole lot of sub-genres for it to fall into, so Contemporary is the best title for it. At approximately 78,000 words, it's a hefty title as well, but at least now I get a brief break from it!

If you'd like to annoy check out some of my beta readers, you can check out Eric and Donna on their Twitter pages!


No comments:

Post a Comment