Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Top Ten Goals for 2015



Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by the Broke and the Bookish. Every week you write ten things about whatever the topic is and then post your blog into their linky tools on their site. It's a great way to interact with other readers and bloggers and see which novels you may be interested in checking out next!

This week, my top ten goals for 2015 will center on writing, reading, and blogging because I feel that for one area to be successful, the others can't be neglected either. I'll also include the titles of books I'm excited for in 2015 and the ones I loved during 2014. 

Let's start off with the Reading Goals!


1) Read 100 Books for 2015


This idea has been going on for a long time, but I've never sat down and told myself that it would happen. Therefore, I will be reading 100 books and recording them on my blog to keep track. Book recommendations will definitely be appreciated! My goal is to read only new (to me) books, but they don't have to be YA or dystopia. 


2) Complete a Reading Bingo

The Reading Bingo is something a coworker introduced me this fall and now I have to do one too! I'm hoping I'll discover new favorites in genres I would normally run from. I'm fearing if there is a nonfiction that doesn't involve a cool historical figure, like the new Romanov Sisters novel that debuted this year. 

3) Write a New Book Review Once a Week

Okay, this one is technically blogging too, but I have to read before I can review! My goal is 100 books in 2015, so I should easily compose 52 book reviews if not many more. I'll write blurbs about all the books I read in the It's Monday! What Are You Reading? meme, but only the YA and dystopians will actually see review posts. 


Blogging Goals!


4) Get 200 Followers

While following is much harder than views or comments, these people are my favorite because it shows that they care enough to put up with the email reminders about new posts. I follow about 15 bloggers, so I'm extremely selective about who I follow and who I check in on. 200 followers would be beautifully insane!

5) Write Three Posts a Week

This is a very small step for some bloggers, but by making this a minimum I'll ensure that the blog is an important priority that will see an equal amount of time as reading and writing. Between reviews, impressions, and new series I want to start, this shouldn't be too difficult. Speaking of new series...


6) Start a Minimum of Three New Categories

Right now, my categories include Wonder's Reviews, Impressions of Classics, Why I Write, NaNoWriMo Adventures, and Analyses of Modern Societies through Dystopias. I would love to add more, and I think that it would even help me in coming up with three blog post ideas for each week. The one I'm starting next would involve other medias of novels, and I can't wait to choose which novel adaptation will be first!

Writing Goals!


7) Finish Revising the NaNoWriMo 2014 Novel

November only saw 5 blog posts and that was because of National Novel Writing Month. Although it took me 6 weeks to finish, I've started the revision process and have worked through one fifth of the novel. I wish I could call it by a title, but the working title is one I don't like so I don't want to call it by a name until I have one that's permanent. I'll be updating with news, so that'll be something to look forward to!


8) Start Querying for NaNoWriMo 2014 Novel

Okay, so 2015 will be chock full of this book. It's my main project right now. My goal is to start sending query letters by October 2015 and finish revising before the end of the year. If I can find an agent or publisher by the end of the year, it would be spectacular! 

9) Write and Finish NaNoWriMo 2015 Novel

Of course I need another novel for when this one is done. I have an idea in mind and I'm already anxious to write it! This novel will be written while I'm waiting for query letters to come in. That way I don't stress from the wait. 


10) Be Chosen for a Small Publication

In the meantime, I'm looking for my next small publication. I'll send out short stories to a few places to get my name more on the map for those query letters. This goal will be the hardest to accomplish, but I'm sure I've got this! Maybe. Yes!

What are your reading/writing/blogging/other goals for 2015? Don't forget to check out the other bloggers' posts by following the Broke and Bookish link at the top!

8 comments:

  1. I want to read 100 books in 2015 too! I tried it this year but only got to 84. I will make it in 2015 though!!! I want to be more consistant with my blog posts in 2015 as at the moment some weeks I have 3/4 and others only 1 or 2.
    Good luck with your goals and Happy New Year! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never made a reading goal, so I'm super excited! And 84 is awesome :D My blog posts suffered the same because of NaNo, so I'm hoping that by making this commitment there won't be those awkward moments of, well, I guess this bookblogger died because there are no new posts haha

      Good luck with yours too! Happy New Year and thank you for your comment! :)

      Delete
  2. Good luck with your goals in 2015! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My goal in 2015 is to also read 100 books!! Here's a link to my TTT for the week: http://captivatedreader.blogspot.com/2014/12/top-ten-tuesday-top-ten.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good luck to us both! We'll make it :)

      Thanks for your comment!

      Delete
  4. Those are awesome goals:D Good luck~!

    ReplyDelete