Tuesday, December 2, 2014

NaNoWriMo 2014 - TGIO!

NaNoWriMo 2014 Dystopian Wonders

While I finished my 50K words for NaNoWriMo 2014 on November 26th (PURPLEEEE!), it never feels like NaNo is over until I can no longer update my word count.


It’s sad. It’s uplifting. It’s wonderfully torturing and painfully relieving. Nano is an oxymoron, but Thank Goodness It’s Over!

This was my second year completing NaNoWriMo, and it will probably always shock me to see so many pages and plot points created in a short time. NaNo is not for the faint of heart, and even those who attempt should feel a great sense of accomplishment. Looking over this novel (that still has 25K to be finished, or so I’m hoping), I think it might be the one I get published first. The idea that someday I could go to a bookstore and see my work is the ultimate goal.


For now, congratulations writers! You’ve taken a huge chunk out of your current project. Readers, get ready. You’ll have more material soon, we promise!


As for myself, I can now devote a little more time to my blog like what we saw in October, and the new goal is to see the ending of this novel by December 15th. NaNoWriMo 2014 has ended and the holiday season is around the corner, but I’m just getting warmed up!

PURPLEEEE! (the color of the word count bar turns purple when you validate your 50,000 words for NaNoWriMo).

No comments:

Post a Comment