Thursday, December 11, 2014

NaNoWriMo 2014 - I Promise to Revise


I promised the great minds at NaNoWriMo that I would revise my 2014 novel in January and February.

I’m starting to think my promise will extend to October 31st, the night before I cannot revise anything more because NaNoWriMo 2015 will begin.

I DID IT! (the promise that is)
For anyone who follows my Twitter (and if you don’t, it’d be awesome if you did), my novel is currently at 72K and I haven’t reached the resolution. I think I hit the climax, but there have been three scenes that could qualify for that role and that’s why I’m confused as to when the book will end.

My goal is to stop around 80,000 words because let’s face it, only fantasy YA should be longer than that. My deadline is to have the novel finished by December 15th so I can enjoy the holidays and kick off 2015 with revision.

This revision process if going to suck.

The NaNoWriMo staff gave me January and February, but I may be working until 11:59 p.m. on Halloween trying to fix this thing.

For any writers out there, do you have any tips for starting out? Do you look at plot, characters, dialogue, and setting individually, or do you tackle it in chunks or chapters? I think I’ll be attacking the overall plot and then the eight parts individually. Let’s get revising! (but first the stupid thing has to be finished. Whoop.)

No comments:

Post a Comment