Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Cheap YA Dystopian Novels for Kindle (December 2014)

2014 is almost over and I'm sure most of us have 2015 reading goals we expect to complete. As a lover of dystopian young adult, which has its own heavily filled section on Amazon, I thought I’d check out the eBooks available and then spread the knowledge (and wealth) with you guys. Here are my top picks for cheap YA dystopian novels for your Kindle and other e-Readers that you can snag to get started on your reading list for next year.





A dystopian novel that has been blowing up, The Breeders focuses on the idea that the government controls the reproductive organs of its citizens. Awesome, right? Not only that, but the author is located in the Borderland of Texas where I’m currently living!



A futuristic setting that has reverted back to the greatest flaws of humanity’s past (Colosseum, anyone?), Halo tells the tale of a young woman understanding what it means to be human and what it means to follow society. High reviews on Amazon and I’m in.



A dystopian romance (how is that even a thing?) that centers on breeding super soldiers to maintain the government’s order and power. While the romance in the genre has me feeling hesitant, I’ll check it out if only for the reviews. I know a lot of you out there love or don't mind the love so I've included this pick in here for you guys.




Mutated humans are controlled by a queen who wants to use them to kill any remaining humans. Sounds like a brilliant take on Fallout 3 if you ask me. The romance subplot also sounds intriguing because it could either be happily ever after or sorry I killed you but you’re mutated so it wasn’t going to work out.




Based on reviews and synopsis alone, this will be the novel I want to dig into first. Sola lives in a country that resembles We’s OneState but includes the rough, gory action that has come to define successful YA dystopian literature. Will she survive the fights? Who will she need to kill next in order to live another day? Definitely everything that should comprise a great dystopian read.

I'll be reading these myself as the new year begins. What are your reading goals for 2015? I think I'll start off basic with 100 books read by the end of the year and dip into the reading bingo games when I need a break from dystopian.


No comments:

Post a Comment